"My story is still a work in progress. When I was baptized as a teen, I felt different from before. Now I know it was just the beginning of a wonderful relationship with God thru Jesus. As I grew in age and my spiritual life, God has directed my steps all along the way. He has been there even when I tried to ignore Him. Mostly, I know He has never given up on me - and He never will. We've been thru so much together - sickness and health, joy and sorrow, brokenness and wholeness. I'm looking forward to a continuing life of joy with God."
"When I was young I was brought up in the church but around age fourteen or fifteen I rebelled this upbringing and lived my life my way without ever talking to God or caring about what He thought about how I was living. About age 30 I really came to know Jesus and rededicated my life to Him. I realized that God was always in my life and it was I who moved away from Him. I thank God for being so patient and loving to wait until I was ready to return to Him. My life is truly blessed daily and my past is forgiven."
"When I was 28 years old I had cancer. Thanks to all of the prayers of my church and friends I am now cancer free. One of the people who helped me said that, 'God will give you grace," and she was right!"
"So many different stories...
- as a sister...my siblings and I are there for each other, always.
- as a daughter...very difficult teenhood, but Grace taught me acceptance and forgiveness.
- as a wife...love and support for each other...no matter what.
- as a mother...loving and nurturing my children to teach them to love and not judge.
- as a friend...trying to reach all those kids that feel they have no one...they have me. I'll listen and I'll care (((hugs)))"
What each of these stories have in common is the power of Christ's love that permeates lives and makes new people who shine with compassion and joy. I am so glad that Terry Wagner, in leading our E3 service, gave us all an opportunity to tell our stories and be inspired by the stories of our brothers and sisters in Christ. What's your story?
Grace and Peace,